- Transferring to a new (low traffic, in-the-zone conducive) work area. And having the opportunity to de-clutter my work table. The cover photo is my happy board at work — I’m planning to update this as often as possible, and with as many Sanji pics as possible.
- It’s rainy season again — my favorite Philippine season, because I get to bundle up, and wear boots (flood water is really eww, and this minimizes my feet’s contact with that)
- Super easy commute to and from work. I don’t have to line up for hours, plus the ride takes only around 30 minutes, WITH traffic congestion.
- Finding the perfect Father’s Day gift for Mario. It’s his first legit Father’s Day and I’m really excited for him to open my gift because it’s apt for his gadget freak nature — a cord doner from Keep It MNL!
- Sanji’s antics. He’s very very VERY active — he can now sit, stand and cruise on his own in his crib. He’s also very affectionate — holding hands and hugging while sleeping. I realize that the unconditional love between child and mother isn’t just one-way. I know Sanji loves me even if I’m not a perfect mom.
- Rekindling my love affair with words via writing and reading again. I especially love this Sylvia Plath quote from The Bell Jar (which I finished reading about a month ago): “I took a deep breath, and listened to the old brag of my heart: I am, I am, I am.”
- Trying out strobing, instead of my usual contouring. I find that it’s easier and more forgiving because it’s “just light”.
- Yummy and delicious meal cooked by mama. Last Monday, she cooked arroz caldo, and it made me feel like I was a teen again because she used to cook this in a huge pot before she goes to work, and we’ll eat the whole lot for the day, without complaints. Today’s meal consists of salmon medallions, red rice and a salad.
- The Room game app mystery thingy. I LOVE mysteries and puzzles.
- My two best gals and I booked a flight to El Nido for next March for only PhP 1600 each! I’m looking forward to this all-girls trip because we haven’t been anywhere in ages.
I hope you all had a nice week! 🙂