Back when I was younger, I never really bothered with any routine with regards to my skin and body. Well, to be fair, I never really had any problems — no breakouts, little to no amount of blackheads, and no scarring, even after having chicken pox. When I developed my liking for makeup, that’s when I got a closer look at how un-cared for my skin is — blotchy red marks in the morning, uneven skin tone, crow’s feet around the eyes, acidic and dry skin on the forehead and large pores. Good thing, these babies are here to help get my skin better!
- Belo Intensive Whitening Bar (Kojic Acid + Tranexamic Acid) – I want an even skin tone on my face because my cheeks are fine, but then my forehead usually gets dark throughout the day because of acidity. I first tried this bar from Sample Room, and I loved how my face instantly brightens up and how taut it becomes after one wash. A week after using it, I noticed that my skin has already lightened evenly. I’m now on my 2nd bar of this soap.
- Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-Ageing Serum – After washing my face, I pat on this serum. I’ve noticed a few wrinkles around the eyes. I haven’t quite noticed any difference since using it, but I like the silky texture of it when applied.
- Nivea Sun Daily Face Fluid SPF 30+ – Can you believe that I just started using sunscreen? My baby sister, who’s an ambassador for skin care always reminds me to “put on sunscreen or else… skin cancer”. I guess the skin cancer thing scared me? In addition to my anti-ageing serum, this also helps slow down time’s effect on me. It also helps me avoid burnt lobster complexion, which I used to don before, eek!
- L’oreal Revitalift Miracle Blur – This serves as my morning moisturizer and primer — skincare plus makeup is a win! I tried to use other moisturizers, but their combination with my current sunscreen makes my face so oily, you can fry an egg on it. This miracle blur mattifies my skin (or at least lessens the shine), even with sunscreen under.
- Burt’s Bees Radiance Cleanser – Not in picture because my sample hasn’t arrived when I made the shot. This is my current makeup remover — my first that’s not in wipes form. It’s a pretty decent makeup remover — removes even my waterproof eyeliner and mascara, unlike the Beauty Treats Makeup Remover Wipes (the worst remover, but that discussion/rant is for another post). I’m planning to switch to either The Face Shop Makeup Wipes or just go back to Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes (which I LOVED).
- Belo Intensive Whitening Bar (Kojic Acid + Tranexamic Acid)
- Olay Natural White 7-in-1 Hydrating Glow Toner – This just fell into my lap because mom availed of their buy one take one promo, and she has only one face (he he he). I like this better than my Pond’s toner (the blue one), because it stings less and smells better. And I do love the glow that it yields to my skin.
- Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-Ageing Serum
- L’oreal Paris Revitalift Laser Renew Precision Eye Cream – My answer to motherhood’s extra gift: eyebags!
- Belo Intensive Whitening Face and Neck Cream (Kojic Acid + Tranexamic Acid) – Another recent discovery from the Belo line, which I absolutely love! I haven’t tried any other whitening brands, but from what I observed when my sister does her whitening routine, Maxipeel smells too mediciny, and I heard that it stings. Well, not this one — it has a neutral feminine smell, it doesn’t sting and it’s not too greasy.
- Tony Moly lip scrub – A side effect of always wearing lipstick? Patchy lips. I use this scrub 3 – 5x a week, usually to prep my lips for makeup. I just use a small amount, scrub a little (not too hard), and my lips become super smooth.
- Snoe Beauty’s Beso Balm – I cannot live without this! I used to swear by Burt’s Bees lip balms, but when beauty stores ran out of them, I decided to try Snoe’s because I’ve read some good reviews of their products. The Beso Balm costs about a fourth of Burt’s Bees, but it performs at par, plus I love the minty scent/sensation it gives out.
- Belo Essential Underarm Whitening Cream – Yes, your honour, I am one of those girls who can’t raise their arms when wearing a sleeveless top. I kind of burnt my underarms when I was a teen. Honestly, it has affected my confidence level. But the great news is that this product IS effective (but I’m not willing to show you a picture of my armpits and I know you don’t want to see that too he he).
- Nature Republic Hand Cream in Green Tea – May we not forget that our hands have skin too. Amen.
And the result of religiously using all of these products?
No filter, no makeup (so I’m sorry for my butchered eyebrows), and apparently, no combing too haha. But srsly, my skin has never been this soft, smooth and glow-y.
What’s your skincare routine? And can you recommend makeup remover wipes that work(ed) for you?