Friday’s 10 Happy Things is a blog link-up by Helga. Here, we list the things that made us smile (or even laugh).
This week has been kind of special because I’m finding my way again into my creative, kooky, non-uptight being. And I missed that part of myself!
- Listening to Pearl Jam again. Somehow, Eddie’s voice is all I need when a) I don’t want to be bothered but b) I don’t want silence. Also, I’m a lyrics person — I listen to the lyrics more than the melody — and his songs always has such beautiful words.
- Going to work early, and getting plain donuts from Mister Donut. When I was still single, I used to go to work really early because I lived alone, had nothing in my fridge and had no one to spend breakfast with. I kind of missed that scenario and it feels nice to do the things that I did once in a while.
- Finally having an internet connection at home. I hope the fast connection lasts because this is PLDT we’re talking about. But as of the moment, I am basking in 2mbps of unlimited internet woohoo!
- I won #TheMistyMomxTBS #RemoveYourMakeupMovement giveaway! And I never win anything! It also happens that the day I won was also the end of my shopping ban. I guess that’s my reward for being a good girl?
- Writing stuff in my journal/planner. Mostly motivational quotes from 51 of the Most Beautiful Sentences in Literature. It’s nice to have something you can hold on to when a) you don’t want to talk anyone but b) something’s bothering you.
- Sanji sleeping straight throughout the night for five days now. He used to wake up at 3 am and then cry when none of us wake too, because he wants to play. I guess he has found his sleeping pattern?
- A Wildflour opened on our street (Rada). And as an advocate of pastries and afternoon coffee, I take comfort in the fact that there’s a nice place to go to nearby. That and the fact that pastries get half-off around their closing time.
- Finally booking an appointment for my ophthalmologist and optometrist. I look forward to seeing them again because they always share their fond memories of papa. My dad was also their patient so I’ve been acquainted with them way before I had eye problems — sometimes eye check-ups feel like mini reunions.
- A puzzle game called Loop. The concept is really simple but not boring — you have to arrange the pieces to form continuous loop(s). When you’re right, you’ll know because the loops light up. I’ve been playing this to jog my mind when I need to regurgitate Python code and also while waiting in line for our shuttle. Here’s my favorite puzzle and its solution:
- Speaking of work… it has been extra challenging this week because I need to birth out a platform in fifteen days! It’s kind of stressful, but also happy-inducing, because I’m doing something new. Also, the fact that they trust me with a project this big, is a nice feeling.
That’s it for my week! I hope you had an exciting/eye-opening week as well!