Friday’s 10 Happy Things is a blog link-up by Helga. Here, we list the things that made us smile (or even laugh).
This week was a bit tough because of work. There was this rollercoaster of disappointments, stress, and then suddenly finding the motivation to work, and then losing that motivation again. I can’t help but sing Annie’s It’s a Hard-knock Life ha ha
- Keeping quiet to keep myself from whining. I knew myself enough that if I started mouthing my feelings, I’d be even more upset. So I zipped it. And it worked!
- Sweater + boots weather. I’ve been wearing my Rusty Lopez boots for the past four days because… I can.
- Progress at our platform. Mario gave me a pep-talk regarding the loss of motivation. His advice was simple: do what you need to do, don’t worry about all the other stuff for now. I sometimes wonder what I did in my past life to deserve this understanding and kind man.
- Home-cooked rainy day food — chicken arroz caldo, sopas, champorado and dilis. Yummmm
- Better eyebrow days — I’m getting the hang of drawing in my eyebrows. I’m running out of my eyebrow pencil, though. Can anyone recommend a good, cheap pencil? I am currently using Etude House Drawing Eye Brow, and I want to try other brands.
- Catching up on Grey’s Anatomy. Hands down, this is my favorite TV series. But I kind of stopped watching after season 6. It’s nice to see Mer and Christina and the whole gang again!
- Trying out a new makeup remover. Well, it’s not really a makeup remover, it’s Human Nature’s sunflower oil, which I have had for forever. I bought cotton pads on our last grocery run and tried to remove my eye makeup with this, and it works like heaven! I didn’t need to rub hard and it doesn’t sting my eyes.
- Happier bath time with Sanji. We finally decided to bathe him while sitting up (as opposed to him lying down on his bath mesh), and he’s happier. I mean, he has always loved bath time, but he loves it even more! I get wet too because he slaps the water, but that just adds to the fun.
- Cooking my ~signature~ crabstick with oyster sauce omelette. When Mario and I were still boy/girl-friend, I always cook this for him. I stopped eating crabstick when I got pregnant. And we only bought this again this week. I forgot how yummy this is!
- Realizing that my life has purpose. Mario and I were talking the other day about how if we had been married first before having kids, we would have been eating out / shopping / drinking / chilling everyday. And we just both said, yeah that was really fun… but what we have now is so much better.
Hope you guys had a meaningful week! And if you had a tough one, never forget that it always gets better. It’s a bad week, not a bad life!
P.S. Don’t forget to comment about your favorite eyebrow pencil! Halp!